Monday, November 9, 2009

monday, monday

We learned a new Native American game today, focusing on awareness--clearly something we need to work on as a group! We also read a NA legend about the importance of awareness.

I have our class loom and many, many skeins of yarn all over the room, which has captured interest and curiosity amongst the primates. Today I spent a lot of time preparing: making reflection journals, sorting and displaying yarn and the different looms we will use.

We also chose parts for the Stew day performance and listened to the song for ideas. We are very excited! I made the leaf costumes over the weekend and purchased supplies for masks. One of the primates suggested making masks for the turkeys and the leaves as costumes. Now that we know our parts we'll begin developing the performance (Captain Carl style), and also costumes and props.

Tonight I am reading through some of the literature I've been collecting for months, and developing my next steps with a long term view in mind. We will continue paper weaving, the beat walk, and hopefully try the awareness game again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment