Wednesday, January 20, 2010

too much to do, too little time

A terrible, recurring struggle I face as a teacher, (and I believe there are many teachers that can also identify), is too much on the plate. We have about 3 weeks til Feb break. I have not started report cards, we are just starting buddies with a 3/4 class, we are in the midst of this major weaving project, the overwhelming demand for mid-year testing primates is in full swing, I planned to run our annual dog biscuit fundraiser for Valentine's Day, and yes, there's Valentine's Day. Now I've also committed to a new committee at work and I'm teaching a course for undergrads at SSC, and most heavily weighing on my mind and sucking all my energy and anxiety is my daughter's first day of preschool in a couple of weeks and where in the state of Massachusetts my son will attend kindergarten this fall.

This is a regular occurrance prior to vacations--there's always, always a million things spinning at once. And the clock is always ticking.

I suppose this is why I view school vacations as necessities rather than perks of teaching!

1 comment:

  1. Wow K...that is a lot! I have to admit that I don't miss the report cards at all!!! Even though there is so much going on, a lot of it is wonderful stuff. Make sure to take a moment here and there to realize all of the great work you are doing as a teacher and as a mom!!

    ReplyDelete