Friday, January 29, 2010

we are weaving!





I'm really overwhelmed and swamped and drained, but I don't want to fall too far behind on our weaving progress so this will be short on words and heavy on visuals. The primates LOVE weaving, much to my delight! Things are running more chaoticly than I had planned, but we are moving forward. We are collaboratively working on the big wall loom pictured above. The demands of 22 students has limited my time to monitor and guide this weaving, and at Portfolio night, our weaving consultant parent pointed out that we have several rows that are off track, which will affect how the piece stays together. We have some unweaving to do, and hopefully the arrival of our new student teacher will allow me to get out there more often. Even still, the primates are enjoyed the act of weaving, the process. They aren't really concerned with a final product with this piece. Interestingly, it is three of the least likely primates that are the most frequent contributers. Good example of why it's so important to pay attention to their interests and proclivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment