Thursday, June 7, 2012

one minute four, now five

It feels like only a minute ago, my little baby girl entered our lives.  Sweet, snuggly, loud baby girl with no hair.  And in an instant, she is this powerful little ray of sunshine--even louder than before!  I'm sad that the baby/toddler years are over.  Truth be told, time & finances permitting, I'd have two more...but even then, the day would come when diapers, strollers, bibs, and what I miss most--the sling--would eventually leave our lives.  I loved it all--the baby years--and I can say that now that the years of sleep deprivation and diaper changes have passed.  Now, it's on to new adventures!

Four to five is a big transition.  Five is the real deal--she's a little kid now, and her personality, interests, habits, memory are all truly forming--and I do love this age so much!  Exploring, discovering, adventuring on a whole new level.  We rolled it in with a smashing Princess Party, which Five loved, loved, loved.  Her face beamed all day.

Yes--I made this spectacular cake--roses, leaves, and all!

Rapunzel's hair hanging from the princess' bedroom window to greet guests
And now on to a glorious new chapter in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment