Thursday, May 20, 2010

exhibit cont'd




Each primate's typed story and woven piece (some in progress still!) was displayed on a board. Some primate's chose to type their own stories, while others preferred I type. Either way was fine, but I ended up including my typed version on all since the primate versions still contained inventive spelling. I feel allowing them to work independently without my facilitating dictionary spelling (aka correct spelling), produces work that illustrates their ability authentically--and that is what I prefer to see. We had nine boards in total that displayed the work of 22 primates.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is so incredible. I love that they had the "gallery" feel as they shared their work. How fun! The guest book was a brilliant idea....what a treasure. I am totally blown away by this whole adventure you have been on this year. I wish i could have been there in person.

    ReplyDelete