Saturday, May 1, 2010

quick reflection

I hope to blog later tonight in more specific detail...but right now I am engulfed in preparing my documentation boards of this project for Monday night's exhibit--a task made THAT much more difficult thanks to my perfectionist tendencies...however...

I have to stop for a moment and just reflect on the profoundness of this project for myself as a teacher and learner. I am literally typing through tears of wonder as I sort through pictures, student work, observational notes, etc starting back in September. For me, this work is a beautiful illustration of a journey I have taken with a group of magnificent children, and I am so proud to be a member of their learning group.

Out of what by far has been THE most difficult year I have ever experienced in my teaching career has evolved the most amazing work I could ever imagine. And in this documentation I see the struggles, the laughs, the questions, the discoveries, the mistakes, the success...and the love I have for what I do. Just want to appreciate how lucky I am to love what I do and be able to share this enthusiasm with others. Would this project have the same results if the individuals in this group were different? No, because this work is reflective of THIS group of individuals. Not to say if I repeated this project it would be any less, just different, and keeping in mind one of the themes of learning in my classroom--different is good--I am happy this work is what it is, and I am so proud and excited to share it with the extended members of our learning group, our families on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry I have been MIA...life is a little tough right now. I am so happy to hear that the project went well...I wish I could see it. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post pics soon! Be well! thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete